I can’t believe it’s almost October! September has been full of cool weather, bright fall colors and lots of tasty recipes on B&H; especially since September was both Bourbon Heritage Month and National Honey Month. So, I’ve got a little treat for you! A wrap-up of some of the great things we nibbled and sipped on this month featuring both Bourbon and Honey…
Check out the recipes here:
- Bourbon and Honey Grilled Flank Steak
- Bourbon Gold Rush Cocktail
- Bourbon-Honey Baked Chicken Wings
- Bourbon-Vanilla Spiked Coffee
- Bourbon and Honey Glazed Pecans
- Bourbon and Honey Cocktail (Recipe Below)
This cocktail is what got it all started. It’s my very favorite way to drink bourbon (except, of course, neat). The touch of honey mellows out the alcohol bite and the ginger just goes so well with the smoky flavors of the bourbon. I use ginger beer for the extra punch of flavor but you can tone it down and use any ginger ale in its place. If you’re on the fence about bourbon or a true bourbon lover, you will love this drink. Cheers!
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale
- Add bourbon and honey to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well. Pour into a low ball glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer and enjoy.