This is the first recipe in a collection featuring Bourbon and Honey. Because, really?! Is there a better pairing than bourbon and honey? Nope, nothing!Print
Bourbon and Honey Baked Chicken Wings
These Bourbon-Honey Baked Chicken Wings are sticky, messy and oh so flavorful!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Category: Appetizer
- 4 pounds chicken wings and drummies
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with sides with parchment paper or heavy-duty foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with 2 teaspoons of the oil, salt and pepper. Place chicken on pans.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken over, and rotate cookie sheets on oven racks. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Broil on low 1 to 2 minutes to brown on the outside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil and garlic; sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the bourbon; boil until most of the liquid is absorbed; 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup bourbon, ketchup, hot pepper sauce and honey. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with sauce. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 377mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
What’s you have a favorite chicken wing recipe?