These Bourbon and Honey Baked Chicken Wings are sticky, messy, boozy and oh so flavorful! They’re perfect for game day, or any-day!
It’s time for happy hour! These bourbon spiked chicken wings are one of the top recipes that I’ve shared on B&H but you guys, the photos, ugh. They were from 2014 and really not very appetizing! So, I’ve freshened them up a bit and just in the nick of time for game day!
These chicken wings are sweet with a bit of spice, sticky and oh so worth it! They’re baked, which makes them easy and the sauce is quick to make and super flavorful. It’s perfect for tailgating, game day or everyday!
Bourbon and Honey Baked Chicken Wings
These Bourbon-Honey Baked Chicken Wings are sticky, messy and oh so flavorful!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Category: Appetizer
- 4 pounds chicken wings and drummies
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, crushed
- 3/4 cup bourbon, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with sides with parchment paper or heavy-duty foil; spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with 2 teaspoons of the oil, salt and pepper. Place chicken on pans.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken over, and rotate cookie sheets on oven racks. Bake 20 to 30 minutes longer or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (at least 165°F). Broil on low 1 to 2 minutes to brown on the outside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil and garlic; sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the bourbon; boil until most of the liquid is absorbed; 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup bourbon, ketchup, hot pepper sauce and honey. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with sauce. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 377mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
What’s you have a favorite chicken wing recipe?
Still looking for the perfect wing? Try one of these…
Honey-Sesame Grilled Chicken Wings from My Recipes
Baked Parmesan-Garlic Chicken Wings from Steamy Kitchen
Crispy Baked Asian Chicken Wings from Just A Taste
Or, try one of my Bourbon and Honey Cilantro Lime Chicken…
Or, maybe some Bourbon and Honey Spatchcock Chicken…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for supporting B&H.