From apricots and kohlrabi to strawberries and peas this ‘What’s in Season’ feature is a collection of the best fruits, veggies and recipes for the month of May.
Happy May Friends! It’s finally starting to feel like spring so all of these warmer weather fruits and veggies are just the thing you’ll be looking for this month! I can’t wait to finally fire up the grill and dine al fresco for a few months. Us Midwesterners tend to spend as much time in the warmer weather months that we can outside. Breakfast on the patio, lunch in the park and dinner by the grill. After months of cabin fever and windchill, we just can’t help it! Here’s to warmer weather and lots of delicious meals in the sunshine!
WHAT’S IN SEASON: May
This collection of seasonal fruits, veggies and delicious recipes will inspire you to eat fresh, locally and as seasonally as possible throughout the month of May.
- Sweet and Sticky 3-Ingredient Apricot Chicken from Half Baked Harvest
- Simple Apricot Jam from Food in Jars
- Apricot Bourbon Sour from Serious Eats
- Fresh Apricot Bars from White on Rice Couple
- Burrata, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
- Arugula Flank Steak Salad with Pears
- Strawberry, Brie and Arugula Panini from The Kitchen Prep
- Arugula Pesto from Platings and Pairings
- Carrot and Kohlrabi Salad with Harissa
- Spicy Kohlrabi Noodles from Love and Lemons
- Kohlrabi Tahini Salad from Dishing up the Dirt
- Shredded Kohlrabi Quick Pickle from Serious Eats
- Blueberry and Nectarine Breakfast Quinoa
- Nectarine and Blueberry Tart
- Grilled Nectarine Prosciutto Pizza from Home and Plate
- Blackberry Nectarine Crumble from House of Nash Eats
- Nectarine and Plum Tarts
- Plum Strawberry Jam from David Lebovitz
- Plum Shrub Cocktail from Honestly Yum
- Plum Sorbet from Leite’s Culinaria
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Bourbon and Honey Strawberry Smash Cocktail
- Strawberry Avocado Feta Spinach Quinoa Salad from Spices in my DNA
- Homemade Strawberry Cake from Plated Cravings
- Quinoa Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- Smoked Salmon Farro Salad Bowls
- Fresh Tomato Risotto with Grilled Greens from Lauren Caris Cooks
What are your favorite recipes for May?
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for supporting B&H.