In the last year or so, cauliflower has made a serious come back! I remember eating it steamed as a kid. It was pretty mushy but my mom always let me cover it with a pile of melted cheese. Melted cheese can make anything delicious!
Hungry for a hearty meal? Serve this salad over mixed greens topped with grilled chicken, shrimp or Portobello mushrooms.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cups fresh peas (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 bunch basil, chopped
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, trim cauliflower, cut into pieces and add in batches to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coarse pieces and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
What’s your favorite cauliflower dish?
In the mood for some more cauliflower? Check these out…
Caramelized Cauliflower Salad from Naturally Ella
Bar Tartine Cauliflower Salad from 101 Cookbooks
Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl from Love and Lemons
Roasted Cauliflower and Za’atar Salad from Green Kitchen Stories
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.