This over-the-top Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie is spiked with Bourbon and Honey and perfect for celebrating!
Grab the party hats and candles, this weekend is my 2nd blogiversary! Can you believe it? More than 300 delicious recipes, a handful of videos, hours and hours of dishes, thousands of miles traveled and hundreds of meals photographed. It has been a good year!
All of you cool kids have been a huge part of the last two years and I’m truly grateful for that. I love you guys!
Instead of a cake to celebrate I’m serving up an over-the-top indulgent skillet cookie spiked with none other than my favorite Bourbon and Honey. The brown butter gives a nutty, roasted flavor while the chocolate (oh, the piles of chocolate!) make this cookie ooey, gooey and delicious!
I love my cast iron skillet for this recipe but any oven-proof skillet will do. Top it with ice cream and sprinkles for a seriously decadent treat, fit for a party!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- flake sea salt, if desired
- Vanilla ice cream and sprinkles, for serving
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a 6- or 8-inch cast iron (or ovenproof) skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Continue cooking and stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the butter is browned and smells nutty, remove from the heat.
- Pour heated butter into a glass bowl. Leave a light coating of butter in the skillet for the cookie.
- Whisk the sugar and honey into the hot browned butter. The mixture will separate slightly as it sits; cool 15 minutes. Add the bourbon, milk, egg and egg yolk to the cooled butter mixture until fully combined. Let stand 3 minutes and beat again for about 30 seconds until the mixture is thick and shiny.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until combined. Fold in pecans and chocolate chips and spoon the mixture into the buttered skillet. Sprinkle additional coarse salt over the top of the dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and center is still slightly soft. Let cool 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving with giant scoops of ice cream.
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.