Although technically, this little gem is a French 95, a bourbon twist on the traditional French 75, it just doesn’t have the same ring to it. Call it whatever you want, it’s what I’ll be shaking up when the clock strikes midnight on Thursday.
Every celebration deserves a bit of bubbly but no holiday is more fitting than New Year’s Eve to splurge on a fancy bottle! This delicious cocktail is smooth and well-balanced with a bit of a whiskey kick. Make a big batch ahead of time so you can enjoy your party but leave out the bubbly until just before serving.
I made you cool kids another fun quick video! Check out this tasty cocktail in action…
- Honey Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Bourbon and Honey French 75
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 4 dashes orange bitters
- Champagne or prosecco
- Orange Twist
- To make the Honey Syrup, in a 1-quart saucepan, mix honey and water. Heat about 2 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat; and set aside 1 hour to cool. Pour syrup into glass jar. Cover jar; refrigerate until ready to use. Makes about 1/2 cup.
- Add the bourbon, orange juice, honey syrup, lemon juice and bitters to a cocktail shaker filled with ice; shake well. Pour into a cocktail glass. Top with Champagne. Garnish with an orange twist and enjoy.
What are you serving up for NYE?
Here are a few more options…
New Year’s Eve Champagne Punch from A Spicy Perspective
Black Raspberry Shrub Cocktail from Love & Olive Oil
Pear and Ginger-Sage Champagne Cocktails from Dishing Up The Dirt
Or, check out this Clementine French 75…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.