Roasted carrots are so easy to make and are one of my favorite ways to gobble up all my vegetables. They’re delicious hot out of the oven but absolutely irresistible when topped with a quick homemade pesto.
These carrots are simply tossed in a light mixture of butter and olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Even baby carrots would be great in this recipe, just be sure to keep an eye on the bake time.
To balance the intense sweetness of the roasted carrots, they’re paired with a fresh parsley, Parmesan and pepita pesto with bright, spring flavors.
The pesto can be made up to a day ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. Besides serving with carrots, the pesto would be great rubbed on chicken, smeared in a sandwich or dolloped on a salad or roasted veggie.
Roasted Carrots with Pepita and Parsley Pesto
Quick, easy and irresistible roasted carrots with a super flavorful pesto. A delicious holiday side dish!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Roasted Carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Pepita and Parsley Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat the oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, toss the carrots with butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer carrots to baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, place the parsley, Parmesan cheese, pepitas, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Serve carrots with the pesto.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 386mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Here are a few last-minute Easter recipes that I’ve made for you…
Layered Chocolate Easter Egg Bark
Carrot Cake with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
Roasted Green Beans with Yogurt Dressing
Sage and Grapefruit Mimosa
Elderflower Gin Cocktail
Clementine French 75