Happy weekend friends! I’ve blended up a tasty frozen cocktail treat for you because… tequila! Spring and cinco de mayo are right around the corner and what’s better than a tropical warm weather cocktail?
This frosty drink is the best way to welcome the warm summer weather. Paired with a tasty taco, you might just have a perfect match!
Depending on seasonality and how sweet your pineapple is be sure to taste and adjust the amount of simple syrup.
- Coarse Kosher salt
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note)
- Lime slices and pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Place a pile of salt on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of each glass and dip it into the salt to coat the rim.
- Add the pineapple, ice, lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur and simple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into salt rimmed glasses. Garnish with a lime wedge and pineapple wedge. Drink up!
What’s your go-to margarita recipe?
Or, try my Watermelon Tequila Slush…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.