Happy weekend friends! I’ve blended up a tasty frozen cocktail treat for you because… tequila! Spring and cinco de mayo are right around the corner and what’s better than a tropical warm weather cocktail?
This frosty drink is the best way to welcome the warm summer weather. Paired with a tasty taco, you might just have a perfect match!
Depending on seasonality and how sweet your pineapple is be sure to taste and adjust the amount of simple syrup.
Frozen Pineapple Margaritas
Sweet, frosty and totally refreshing, these tequila spiked pineapple margaritas are going to sweeten your weekend!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Coarse Kosher salt
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see note)
- Lime slices and pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Place a pile of salt on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the edge of each glass and dip it into the salt to coat the rim.
- Add the pineapple, ice, lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur and simple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into salt rimmed glasses. Garnish with a lime wedge and pineapple wedge. Drink up!
Simple Syrup is just a mixture of 1 part sugar and 1 part water. Heat them gently over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What’s your go-to margarita recipe?
Or, try my Watermelon Tequila Slush…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.