This frosty, boozy and pretty pink Watermelon Tequila Slush cocktail is a tasty and refreshing way to keep you cool all summer long.
Last week, I bought a watermelon the size of Texas. I love watermelon and have eaten it for dinner on more than one occasion. But, this one was just way too big and we were going out-of-town.
So, I panicked a bit, cut it into cubes and threw it in the freezer. How did it go from the freezer to a cocktail you ask? The tequila made me do it!
The sweet watermelon is paired with a splash of tequila and a squeeze of lime juice for one of the tastiest ways to keep your cool all summer long. A tequila-free version would be delicious too, but definitely not as fun!
- 5 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Fresh Mint for garnish
- Place the watermelon on a sheet pan and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until frozen solid.
- Combine watermelon, ice, tequila, lime juice and agave syrup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and watermelon slices, if desired. Serve immediately.
What’s your favorite way to serve watermelon?
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.