Honey and vanilla make this rhubarb chia jam recipe flavorful, gluten free and delicious! Spread it on toast or drizzle on ice cream!
Still have some rhubarb left? Geez, I know, me too! This chia seed jam is quick to make and uses up a lot of rhubarb. Best part? It makes a great gift too!
Just cook up the rhubarb with a bit of honey. Stir in some chia seeds, and vanilla to thicken it up and give it some flavor and you’ve got yourself the easiest jam in town! It’s really yummy stirred into yogurt or spread on toast.
Vanilla Rhubarb Chia Jam
Honey and vanilla make this rhubarb chia jam flavorful, gluten free and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Jam
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb stalks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- In a medium saucepan combine rhubarb and honey. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Stir in the chia seeds.
- Reduce to medium-low, stirring frequently 10 to 15 minutes, or until the rhubarb is tender and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let cool, spoon into a jar; cover and refrigerate. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
What’s your favorite rhubarb recipe?
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.