I’m a coffee lover through and through. My morning is not complete without a mug of black coffee the size of a big gulp. It’s not just the caffeine that I’m craving, it’s the morning ritual of a warm comforting mug to wrap my hands around and sip in silence before the day really gets rolling.
I recently went to Korea and Japan on vacation (I promise once I finally go through all the photos, I will share them with you!) and gained a new appreciation for tea, specifically matcha. For one, it’s delicious. But, it’s also super versatile! The dry powder makes it easy to add into cakes, cookies, ice cream, cocktails, you name it!
My favorite way to enjoy it though is to keep it simple with a coconut milk latte in the morning (please don’t tell my French Press that I’m cheating on it!), especially on the weekends. It’s faster than brewing a cup of coffee and the smooth, nutty flavor is almost like dessert in a mug.
I tend to not add any sweetener since the coconut milk is naturally sweet but feel free to add in some coconut sugar, honey or sweetener of choice.
You guys, check this out! I created a video for you, to show you just how quickly you can whisk up this tasty latte!Print
Vanilla Coconut Matcha Latte
A simple and delicious recipe for a Coconut Matcha Latte, the perfect mid-morning pick-me-up.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 Latte
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk or non-dairy milk (almond or rice)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped (or dash of vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetener, if desired (like coconut sugar, honey or brown sugar)
- Spoon the matcha powder into the bottom of a mug, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water just to a simmer (about 170°F). Pour the hot water into the mug and whisk well until the matcha powder is fully dissolved.
- In the same saucepan, heat the coconut milk and seeds from the vanilla bean until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and pour into the mug, add sweetener, if desired and whisk to blend. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Here’s some more info about matcha and a few recipes to boot…
Matcha Green Tea Brand Review from Happy Healthy Life
Matcha Green Granola Bars from My New Roots
Matcha White Hot Chocolate from Love and Lemons
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.