What’s better than sipping on your favorite cocktail? A brain-freeze inducing frozen cocktail on a stick! Boozy pops have been a warm weather staple around our house for the past few years. But this year, we’re taking it to the next level! These strawberry margarita frozen pops are going to be your new go-to boozy frozen treat.
Fresh strawberries and a swig of tequila, served with a lime twist and garnished with a limey sweet-salty sprinkle, this popsicle is not your average bomb-pop. It’s fun, boozy and always ready to party. Like with any spiked pop, these guys are pretty fragile but, use that to your advantage and pop them in a cocktail glass with a splash of champagne or cava and you’re in for a treat!
It’s officially summer AND popsicle week and I couldn’t be happier! SO many awesome creations from talented food bloggers from all over the interwebs. Check out all of the delicious #PopsicleWeek recipes over on Billy’s blog, Wit & Vinegar. Need a popsicle mold? I LOVE this one.
Any fruit would be awesome in these pops. Swap in blueberries, watermelon, raspberries or even oranges for the strawberries for a totally customizable pop.
Strawberry Margarita Frozen Pops
These tequila spiked fruity frozen pops will be your new go-to summer treat. They’re boozy, fruity and perfectly frosty on a hot day!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Strawberry Margarita Frozen Pops
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Lime Salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- Zest from 1 lime
- Lime slice for garnish
- In a blender, process strawberries, sugar, tequila, lime juice and water until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly between popsicle molds or paper cups. Place sticks in popsicle molds. Freeze 8 hours, or until firm.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, salt and lime zest until blended; set aside until ready to serve.
- To remove popsicles, run warm water on the outside of the popsicle form until it releases. Garnish with a lime salt mixture and lime slice just before serving.
What’s your favorite boozy frozen treat?
In the mood from some more frozen fruity creations? Check these out…
Carrot Mango Frozen Yogurt Pops from Foxes Love Lemons
Strawberry Mango Popsicles from Half Baked Harvest
5 – Minute Strawberry Frozen Yogurt from Just a Taste
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I love, trust and use myself. Thank you for your support.