Holy tomatoes batman! I’m drowning in them!
If you crazy kids follow me on Instagram, you know by now that I have a ever-growing pile of backyard tomatoes. Luckily, I’ve got a few ah-mazing recipes up my sleeve that are great for taking care of all that pretty plump produce.
These slow roasted tomatoes are lightly seasoned but packed full of concentrated tomato-y flavor. You can use these tasty little gems in anything and everything from pasta, soups, risotto or smashed on toast with parmesan cheese.
Go easy on the salt and pepper as the flavors will intensify once they’re roasted. These fresh tasting tomatoes will let you cook with the flavor of summer, well into the winter.
These roasted tomatoes are lightly seasoned but packed full of fresh, tomato-y flavor for the perfect snack, appetizer or pasta stir in.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: About 3 cups
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 6 sprigs fresh oregano, thyme or rosemary
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 250°F. Arrange the tomatoes, cut sides up, between 2 large parchment lined baking sheets.
- Add the garlic and herbs. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the tomatoes are caramelized and browned on edges but are still a bit tender.
- Roasted tomatoes keep in an airtight container, chilled, 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before using in pasta or spread on crostini for a quick appetizer.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 21
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg