I’ve mentioned it before, but this Whole 30 thing is really giving my slow cooker a work out! It has reminded me just how convenient it is to cook while you’re at work, running errands or even sleeping!
Most slow cooker recipes are kind of lame, they all tend to taste the same, turn out mushy and very, very blah. The key is to not over cook it, amp up the flavor and finish it off with something fresh just before serving.
This slow cooker butternut squash soup has all the yummy seasonal squash flavor with a Thai curry kick and some sweet, creamy coconut milk. It’s super easy to throw in on your way out the door, but for an even speedier escape, prep everything the night before!Print
Slow Cooker Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Sweet coconut and spicy Thai curry make this Butternut Squash Soup creamy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded and
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Sliced green onions
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden brown.
- In a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onion, squash, vegetable stock, curry paste, salt and pepper.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or 3 to 4 hours on High.
- Stir the coconut milk and lime juice into the squash mixture. In a blender (or with an immersion blender), carefully blend the mixture until smooth. Serve with an extra swirl of coconut milk, topped with pepitas, coconut and green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing!