Fresh, citrusy and boozy, this bubbly Paloma Cocktail is a refreshing tequila drink with chili lime salt, it packs a punch!
It’s cocktail time! Sure, it’s only Tuesday, but boy do we all deserve a stiff drink right about now! A week on the beach would also be lovely but I’m not holding my breath. Instead of wishing for a last minute tropical vacation, I’ll sip on a cocktail that makes me feel like I’m on a beach. Add an umbrella to this Paloma cocktail and use a fancy app to mimic the sound of the waves and you might not even notice the difference!
This pretty pink Paloma cocktail is similar to a margarita but with a bit of a twist. It’s usually made with grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila and something sparkly; usually sparkling water but I won’t lie, we tried it with a splash of Cava (any dry sparkling wine will do!) and it was delicious! It has the same festive, fresh and summery feeling as a margarita but with a bit of sparkle, it’s definitely more fun!
While the salted rim on a margarita is fun, this chili lime salt is pretty darn awesome! Not only is the salt a pretty garnish for the cocktail but it also helps to balance out the sweet-tart citrus and the tequila flavors in the drink. The chili and lime are just a bonus and add a bit of flair to a simple citrusy drink.
- Chili Lime Salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 lime slices
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces tequila (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup sparkling water or soda water
- 2 grapefruit and lime wedges
- Mix together the sugar, salt, chili powder and lime zest on a small plate. Run a wedge of lime around the top of two glasses and dip them in the salt blend; fill with crushed ice.
- Mix the grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila and sugar until well mixed.
- Pour over crushed ice and top with sparkling water. Garnish with grapefruit and lime.
What type of cocktail reminds you of summer?
Or, check out my Blood Orange Margarita…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for your support.