Weeknight dinners are difficult around here. I’m sure you’re familiar with the 5 o’clock question of “what the heck am I going to make for dinner?” Well, this pasta dish is just the answer!
The green beans are cooked with the pasta to get dinner on the table even faster! The super flavorful pasta sauce is made with cream, goat cheese and parmesan cheese. It’s all topped off with lemon zest and fresh basil for a delicious dinner that’s easy, full of flavor and on the table in under 30 minutes.Print
Lemon Basil Pasta with Green Beans
Lemon Basil Pasta with green beans, a quick dinner that’s fresh and flavorful!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Category: Dinner, Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine or linguine
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- Pinch fresh cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Adding green beans during last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Add shallot and cook until fragrant and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in milk and cream, and heat over medium low until it’s reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in goat cheese and parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Stir in lemon zest, basil and pepper.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and gently toss to coat. Serve with additional basil, lemon zest and parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 505
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 226mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
A few other pasta recipes to try…
One Pot Pasta from Damn Delicious
Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Sun Dried tomatoes and Toasted Almonds from Simply Recipes
Arugula Pesto Pasta with Roasted Golden Beets from Love and Olive Oil