Hot chocolate? Spiked? Yes, please, I’ll take two! I’ve always loved hot chocolate, but this adult-y version is rich, chocolaty and boozy!
The combo of cocoa powder and semi sweet chocolate make this drink thick and super chocolaty. Topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, it’s ready to make your weekend brunch super Irish-y!
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond or whole milk
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey or Bourbon
- Sweetened whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and whisk in brown sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, salt and vanilla, just until brown sugar is dissolved and chocolate is melted. Do not let the mixture simmer.
- Whisk in almond milk. Continue cooking until mixture is steamy and just beginning to simmer, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in whiskey. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Serve immediately.
How are you celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day?
Looking for more delicious party recipes? Here are a few…
Chocolate Guinness Cake from Simply Recipes
Saint Patrick’s Day Cake from I Am Baker
9 Green Drinks for Saint Patrick’s Day from The Daily Meal
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.