Yay spring! It might not be official yet, but it does seem like spring is finally right around the corner! That means fresh, green ingredients are coming soon to a farmers market near you.
Easter is also right around the corner which means family gatherings with lots of food. We always, always, always serve some sort of roasted veggies and these green beans are on the list this year.
I love to make this quick toasted almond, shallot and garlic mixture for all sorts of things, but it is a real winner when paired with a crisp-tender roasted veggie. Make them ahead and warm them up, or serve them room temperature for a stress-free side.
Green Beans with Almonds, Shallots and Garlic
Skillet roasted green beans with a delicious topper of almonds, shallots and garlic, a quick side dish for dinner, lunch or special occasions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup whole raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Place the green beans in the boiling water and cook until bright green but still firm, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the ice water. When cool, drain again. Pat dry with paper towels until completely dry.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the almonds, shallot, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring frequently 5 to 7 minutes or until the almonds are toasted and the shallot is softened and transparent. Scrape the almond and shallot mixture into a bowl, wipe the skillet out with a paper towel.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the same skillet. Melt the oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the beans are browned and crisp tender.
- Serve green beans warm or room temperature with almond mixture.
Do you have a favorite green bean recipe?
Here are a few more….
Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms from Steamy Kitchen
Green Bean and Lentil Salad from Not Without Salt
Green Bean Salad with Peaches and Balsamic Vinaigrette from Brooklyn Supper
Or, you can try my Roasted Green Beans with Yogurt Dressing…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.