What’s better during the hottest days of summer than a cool, crisp and refreshing gin and tonic? A frozen gin and tonic! This chilly and refreshing Cucumber Gin and Tonic Sorbet is the perfect icy cocktail.
Super refreshing, this icy sorbet might just be my new favorite happy hour treat to survive the summer heat. The cucumber, makes it all the more refreshing! With just a few ingredients and no need for an ice cream maker, this boozy sorbet is easy to make ahead for your next cocktailing adventure.
Since it’s spiked, the gin mixture takes a bit longer to freeze solid. It’ll freeze in icy shards but the trick to getting it smooth is a quick whir in the blender or food processor to make it light and fluffy. The soft and smooth sorbet will stay fresh in the freeze about 2 months if packed up well. But, it won’t last that long!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest and juice from 2 medium limes
- 1 small cucumber, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups tonic water
- 3 ounces gin
- Serve with fresh lime slices, additional tonic water and gin, if desired
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium low, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- In a blender, mix together the simple syrup, zest and juice from two limes, cucumber, 2 cups of the tonic water and the gin. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture into a baking pan or baking dish. Freeze 2 to 3 hours or until slightly frozen. Break up and stir with a fork. Freeze another 2 to 3 hours or until almost solid.
- Spoon icy mixture into the blender and blend until lighter and smooth. Return the mixture to the baking pan and freeze until scoopable. Cover and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- When ready to serve scoop the sorbet into glasses, top with a lime slice and additional tonic water and gin if desired.
What’s your go-to summer cocktail?
Or, imbibe in my Bourbon and Honey Blackberry Lime Mint Julep…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.