Punch is one of my favorite ways to serve cocktails during the holiday. In all reality though, it’s also the easiest way to serve cocktails, but I won’t tell, if you don’t! You can enjoy your party and mingle, or frantically finish making the meal while your guests get liquored-up on a drink you made hours ago. No need to play bartender!
This recipe has all of my favorite flavors for a cocktail. It’s packed with fresh lime and pomegranate flavor with a nice smooth bourbon taste. The best part? The bubbles! The Prosecco gives the cocktail a classy look and feel without breaking the bank on champagne.
You can make the pomegranate syrup up to a week ahead. Add the Prosecco and the ice just before serving to keep the cocktail from becoming flat and watered down.Print
Bourbon Pomegranate Punch
This Bourbon Pomegranate Punch recipe is the perfect big batch cocktail to serve at your next party. It’s bubbly, flavorful and full of holiday cheer!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Category: Drinks
- Pomegranate Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Bourbon Pomegranate Punch
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups pure pomegranate juice (I used Pom Wonderful)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) Prosecco or dry sparkling white wine, chilled
- Pomegranate seeds, lime slices and fresh mint leaves, if desired for garnish
- To Make the Pomegranate Syrup: Place pomegranate seeds, water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until pomegranate seeds are falling apart, about 20 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a medium bowl and press seeds with the back of a spoon to get all of the juice out of the seeds. Cool syrup to room temperature, about 1 hour. Discard the seeds. Pomegranate syrup can be used immediately or refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- In a pitcher, punch bowl or beverage dispenser, mix cooled pomegranate syrup, bourbon, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Stir in a handful of pomegranate seeds, a couple slices of lime and some mint leaves.
- To Serve: Fill ice filled glasses halfway with bourbon pomegranate mixture and top with Prosecco. Garnish with pomegranate seeds, lime slices and mint leaves.
- Serving Size: 1 Cocktail
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 21.9g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 01.g
- Cholesterol: 0g
What’s your favorite kind of punch to celebrate with?