Rich, chocolatey, spiked and delicious this Bourbon Nutella Hot Chocolate is topped with a Bourbon and Honey Whipped Cream and perfect for a cold night!
‘Tis the Season for snow angels in the front yard, pretty packages under the tree and giant mugs of hot chocolate. With only a few days left before all your guests arrive, now it’s time to sit back and enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate because dude, you’ve earned it! What’s better than a cup of hot chocolate? Um… one spiked with bourbon and topped with lots of fresh whipped cream that’s what!
But, hang on a minute, we’re not done yet… instead of sugar, this beauty is sweetened with spoonfuls of nutella! Yep, it’s chocolate on chocolate on chocolate! It’s indulgent, rich and super chocolatey and yes, you can even add a scoop or two more of nutella, I won’t tell.
The cream and milk can be swapped out for coconut milk, almond milk or whatever you prefer. The higher the fat content, the creamier (and more indulgent!) it will be. If you like tasty toppings, chocolate shavings, marshmallows, sprinkles or toasted nuts would all be delicious. If you’re serving a crowd, double the recipe and keep it warm in a slow cooker on low heat and put the toppings in bowls for a DIY hot chocolate bar.
- Bourbon and Honey Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon bourbon whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- Bourbon Nutella Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings, marshmallows, chocolate shavings
- In a medium bowl, beat together honey, bourbon and heavy cream with eclectic mixer until soft peaks form; refrigerate until ready to serve. (Makes about 2 cups)
- Heat the milk, cream, chopped chocolate and nutella. Stir constantly until the chocolate fully melts - this will take around 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the bourbon and vanilla.
- Serve topped with Bourbon and Honey Whipped Cream.
What cocktails are you serving up this winter?
Or, try my Bourbon and Honey Gingerbread Eggnog…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.