I’m a fan of a meal that can be made in a matter of minutes but tastes like you spent hours on it. It’s the kitchen equivalent of being a superhero. Life is busy and hectic enough as it is, making dinner doesn’t need to be long drawn out process during the week. More challenging recipes on the weekend though? I’m all in!
This is a recipe so simple that you can make it on even the most hectic of weeknights. Swap in and out the marinade ingredients to your liking but be sure to keep a balance of sweet, savory and heat.
Bourbon and Honey Garlic Shrimp
Simple and delicious, this flavorful shrimp is the perfect weeknight dinner or party appetizer.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on (fresh, or thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, bourbon, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with half of the marinade, saving the rest for later. Marinate the shrimp for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and beginning to brown. Serve shrimp with cooked rice, parsley and remaining sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 675mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 198mg
Do you have a favorite shrimp recipe?
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribeto B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.