Ooey, gooey, chocolatey and crunchy, these Almond, Pretzel and Chocolate Chunk Blondies are seriously delicious and perfect when you need a quick treat!
Have you done all your cookie baking for the holidays yet? I’ll be baking up these delicious blondie brownie bars all. weekend. long! They’re easy and always a messy, ooey, gooey delicious hit! Snuggle them in with your decorated sugar cookies, chocolate bark and candy canes. These chocolate chunk blondies are an indulgent addition to your cookie tray or cookie jar all year-round.
We have a tradition of making most of our gifts from scratch for the holidays. My sister makes soap, paints or sews me something cool and I’m known for the homemade treats. From salted caramels to cookies or cheesy crackers, I usually wrap up something that we can open and dig into while we open gifts around the tree. This year I wanted to make something that was super easy and could be just as delicious in a picnic basket as it is around the holidays and these crunchy, chocolatey bars are just the thing!
I love adding stuff to my cookies and brownies. Almonds, double the chocolate, marshmallows, pretzels, you name it and I’ll probably want to stir it into the batter. The salty pretzels with the sweet chocolate make for a pretty amazing treat. Stir in your favorite chocolate and nuts for a customized crunchy mix.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the salt and flour until well blended. Fold in the chocolate, pretzels and almonds.
- Spoon and spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 20 to 25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cut into bars and serve with ice cream, if desired.
What treats are you making for the holidays?
Or, bake up a batch of my Best Chocolate Chip Cookies for Santa…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.