It might only be Tuesday, but with a busy week like this one, I’ve been searching for a quick and easy dinner recipe. I dusted off my slow cooker and made some yummy, hearty tacos that will feed a crowd! (Or just us, all week-long!)
A little bit of spice, a handful of veggies and lots of fresh toppings, these tacos are just the thing to make weeknight dinner delicious again.
The pork and sweet potato mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead, heated up and topped with your favorite fresh toppings. It’s also great served over cooked rice.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces bulk chorizo sausage (or fresh links removed from the casing)
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound) peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (with 1 tablespoon of the
- 1 medium poblano pepper, stemmed and seeds, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Toppings and Garnishes
- Warm corn or flour tortillas
- Crumbled Mexican queso fresco
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on the outside. Place pork into a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 minutes. Add cooked chorizo and remaining pulled pork ingredients. Cook on low heat 7 to 8 hours or until the pork is tender and the sauce is thickened.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pork pieces and shred with two forks. Gently stir back into the sauce. Serve with warmed tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Here are a few more make ahead tacos…
Slow Cooker Korean Tacos from Table for Two Blog
Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Tacos with Jalapeño Slaw from The Beeroness
Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork from Simply Recipes