Salty, sweet and super chocolatey, these salted dark chocolate and Nutella Scotcheroos are the perfect snack or sweet treat.
Nutella, dark chocolate, sea salt and cereal… oh my! You guys these bars are seriously legit! Do people still say that? I really hope not, will you forgive me? I’ll make you a pan of these bars. Ok, great thanks, you’re the best!
Speaking of the best, what’s better than an entire pan of caramel goodness covered in a layer of dark chocolate and nutella. Oh, but wait, we’re not done yet! the sprinkle of coarse salt just might be the icing on the cake, er, bars! Sweet and salty, and good thing it makes a pan full because you might just have one or two bars left to share with your buddies.
These sweet and salty scotcheroo bars are normally made with corn syrup but I cleaned them up a bit with brown rice syrup that gives them an even more delicious caramel flavor. While I was at it, I also swapped out the peanut butter for almond butter and some toasted sliced almonds because we all know almonds ah-mazing!
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 6 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment and lightly grease it with butter.
- In a large pot, heat the brown rice syrup and brown sugar just until dissolved without coming to a boil. Once dissolved, melt in the almond butter. When melted, stir in the cereal and sliced almonds. Stir until mixed and press into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler, or over low heat. When smooth stir in the nutella until well blended. Spread the chocolate over the tops of the bars and sprinkle with salt; cool until chocolate has set. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
What’s your go-to sweet snack??
Need another chocolatey snack? Try one of these…
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Muffins from Minimalist Baker
Healthful Double Chocolate Cookies from 101 Cookbooks
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart from Smitten Kitchen
Or, try my Crispy Quinoa Chocolate Bark…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for your support.