Weeknight dinners are tough. Work days are long, traffic is terrible, puppies need walking and Netflix is calling. But, ya gotta eat, right? Those are the nights that I crank up the oven and reach for the nearest veggie. They’re quick to prep and when you add a bit of oil, salt and pepper, they can be down right addicting!
This simple cauliflower takes on a deep nutty flavor when roasted and golden and the lemon keeps it bright and fresh so it pairs well with chicken or fish. Throw in a bit of garlic, a sprinkle of cayenne or top it with a handful of shredded parmesan if that’s your thing.
Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 450°F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place them in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower and lemon slices out into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 192mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Are you a fan of roasted cauliflower too? Check these out…
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Gruyère from Bourbon and Honey
Spicy Cauliflower with Sesame from 101 Cookbooks
Chickpea Curry with Cauliflower from Naturally Ella
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing!