Bright, citrusy and delicious, this Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Cilantro Dressing tastes like summer and is packed with lots of fresh flavors!
Hi there! I spent the weekend in Louisville, the heart of bourbon country! And it was amazing! It was a super quick trip for a conference, IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals). There was so much food, bottomless bourbon (duh), tons of workshops and awesome friends. I was schooled on the ins-and-outs of live video, trends in cookbook publishing, food photography and so, so, so much more! If you’ve haven’t been, check them out. The conference will be in NYC next year!
With all of the over imbibing and over indulging, I’m in need of something freaky fresh and preferably raw. And yes, bourbon free would be kind of nice too! <GASP!> Just for a day or two, don’t worry! This grapefruit avocado salad is just the thing to climb back on the healthy eating wagon with. It’s super fresh and packed with flavor.
The grapefruit is tart, the avocado is creamy and together, they make up the best salad combo around. Add the fresh cilantro dressing and crunchy, nutty pistachios and oh, boy! Super easy and pretty much the best thing around!
If you’re packing these up for a delicious brown bag lunch, you can make the dressing a day or two ahead. Just be sure to either cut your avocado at work or gently toss the slices in a bit of the fresh grapefruit juice so it doesn’t brown too much.
Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Cilantro Dressing
Bright, citrusy and delicious this Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Cilantro Dressing tastes like summer and is packed with lots of fresh flavors!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup, honey or sugar (use agave for a vegan dish)
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
Grapefruit Avocado Salad
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- Add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a teaspoon or two of water to thin out the dressing if needed.
- Use a large, sharp knife to cut the peel and pith off the grapefruit. Cut between the membranes to separate the grapefruit segments.
- Arrange the spinach, grapefruit segments, avocado and pistachios in a bowl and drizzle with just enough of the dressing to lightly coat. Toss the salad to evenly coat in the dressing and serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
What are your favorite fresh salad toppers?
Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for supporting B&H.
Or, check out my Carrot, Radish and Wheat Berry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Or, this Apple, Bacon and Blue Cheese Salad
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.