Spicy, delicious and on the table in 20 minutes, this Easy Skillet Chicken recipe is a serious weeknight winner!
Yay for super quick and super delicious weeknight meals! With a fridge to table time of just about 20 minutes, this one is for sure a keeper! As you know, at my house we’re always looking for easy weeknight recipes that are anything but boring. I do a lot of meal prep on Sundays but I still need one or two fresh recipes to get us through the week. Bonus points if the leftovers are just as delicious the next day when I drag them into work.
A few weeks ago, this shiny new skillet arrived in the mail from the folks at Hestan and I was told to put it through its paces in the kitchen. Well, what better way to test out new kitchen equipment than a weeknight dinner. I don’t know about you but the last thing I want to do on a weeknight after dinner is soak and scrub and soak and scrub… no thank you, I’d rather get take out. So far, this bad boy can sear with the best of them and put your non-stick pans to shame – Perfect for a quick and easy skillet chicken dish!
Cook up some seasoned chicken, add a few veggies, some beans and your favorite salsa and you’re done! I bet you could make this a 10 minute meal if you used rotisserie chicken… oooh now there’s an idea! Use your favorite salsa to really customize it – chipotle salsa for a smokey flavor, tomatillo for a bright fresh flavor or something super spicy for all you dinner dare devils out there!
Easy Skillet Chicken with Black Beans and Corn
Spicy, delicious and on the table in 20 minutes, this Easy Skillet Chicken recipe is a serious weeknight winner and a quick family favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 2 inch-pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 bell pepper, trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chunky salsa
- Cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro
- In small bowl, mix chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne; sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken breasts.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Stir in onion and peppers, cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the black beans, corn and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 2 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve over rice with fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 960mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
Do you have a favorite super easy skillet dinner? Tell me about it in the comments!
Still looking for an easy chicken dinner idea? Try one of these…
Easy Greek Sheet Pan Chicken from Half Baked Harvest
30-Minute Caprese Chicken from Foodie Crush
Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers from Serious Eats
Or, try my Skillet Chicken with Olives and Rosemary…
Or, maybe these Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Burrito Bowls…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.
Disclosure: This shiny new skillet was a gift from the lovely folks at Hestan. But, as always, all opinions written are purely my own. Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links. I only link to products I trust and recommend. Thank you for supporting B&H.