Delicious and crunchy this crispy quinoa chocolate bark recipe is a sweet, salty and totally snackable treat with a healthy twist!
CHOCOLATE! After all the ooey-gooey over-the-top crazy cheesy nachos, dips and appetizers this weekend with the big game, I’m totally in the mood for some chocolate!
Not just any chocolate, but a thin layer of velvety dark chocolate topped with a sweet-salty mix of crispy, crunchy goodies! It’s the perfect treat when you’re short on time with a serious sweet tooth.
The crispy crunchies are my favorite part! You can sprinkle them on everything from yogurt to ice cream to… chocolate! They’re slightly sweet, slightly salty and really toasty. I love the mix of almonds and pepitas but feel free to swap in your favorite nuts and seeds.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces chopped dark chocolate (at least 72% cacao), melted, cooled
- In small bowl, toss cooked quinoa, almonds, pepitas, chia seeds and salt with the coconut oil and honey. Mix well to coat. Spread evenly in a baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once, until light golden brown and crispy. Cool completely, about 20 minutes; set aside.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir chocolate occasionally just until melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Spread chocolate evenly in a thin layer on a15x10-inch baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle cooled quinoa and almond mixture over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set. Break into pieces and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
What’s your favorite chocolate treat?
Or, you can this Salted Dark Chocolate with Pomegranate and Almonds from yours truly…
Like what you see – or have a question, feedback, or recipe idea to share? Join the convo by commenting below and be sure to subscribe to B&H emails so you don’t miss a thing! If you make this, share it! Tag your photo with #BourbonandHoney on Instagram.