How do you make something amazing, even better? Add cheese, avocado and add a smear of spicy aioli. It’s really messy, but it might just be the best sandwich you’ll eat all week!
BLT’s are a late summer staple in our house. They’re one of my favorite lazy weeknight meals, but if you fancy them up a bit with avocado and spicy aioli, they’ll please even the pickiest of dinner guests.
Avocado BLT Sandwiches with Spicy Aioli
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 Sandwiches
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili hot sauce
- 8 slices hearty white bread, toasted
- 4 sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Place wire rack on top of cookie sheet. Arrange bacon in single layer on top of rack. Bake 20 minutes. Bake about 15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from rack, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and hot sauce; set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread a layer of the spicy aioli on the bread, top with cheese and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes, bacon, lettuce and remaining bread slice.
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1105mg
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
So many sandwiches, so little time…
Croque Monsieur Ham and Cheese from Simply Recipes
Roasted Sweet Potato with Goat Cheese and Arugula from The Kitchn
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Avocado and Feta Sandwich from Two Peas and Their Pod